Monday, March 14, 2011

Sometimes...

I forget to warn my husband that I'm gonna make some noise...its hard when going through the cabinet looking for a pan and one falls and I know my husband jumps and has a small panic attack. We have a steam mop that makes weird noises and it freaks my husband out..even though he watches me plug it in and I remind him that it's gonna make its noises it still causes a bit of an issue...I've watched my husband flip when a car backfires or a firework goes off...its hard to protect him from the outside influences let along the inside influences...

Its almost a routine that when I go into the kitchen I let him know "Hey going to pull out some pans so if you hear something drop don't worry its me"...but I also know and cringe when a cookie sheet falls and its the floor or even a pan and I run back into the living room and hubby has a bit of a panic look on his face...which makes me feel horrible...

Its hard to adjust your life around PTSD...things most people take for granted..like dropping a cookie sheet by accident and not freaking out their soldier..we have to worry about...we don't get to enjoy the 4th of July or New Years Eve fireworks because the sounds remind him of gunfire...he has never seen our daughter march in a football game or parade because of the crowds and noise...which makes her sad and it makes my husband sad knowing he can't handle the noise or crowds...

No comments:

Post a Comment