Monday, June 14, 2010

when it rains it pours...

Ok...dumb question of the day...

"Did you ever think you'd be married to someone that has PTSD and is mentally unstable?"

Really I got asked that question...which in turn made me think for a split second before I opened my mouth with the smart ass response...

So my brain ran through alot of things...ccbut the 3 I remember are...

1. Who the hell says when they're growing up...when I grow up I wanna marry some guy that will be deemed mentally unstable...Yea buddy...

2. How on earth can people say stupid things like that...if they really lived my life I dont think they'd ever ask that question...

and

3. Can I just bitch slap you?

So upon those 3 random thoughts rushing through my brain I responded about how "its always been a dream of mine to marry some crazy soldier who can't handle crowds..can't handle being around people...that I have to monitor like I would one of my own kids...and I just LOVE how people that are living this life have the nerve to ask randomly dumb questions"

Now mind you this was just a random question while I was waiting the results of my great dane's xrays and labs since she's very sick...and the husband had been on the phone with his case manager and some nosey woman over heard some of his convo before he left to get our son to work...ok so I completely understand convo's are gonne be overheard but good lord...good thing she said it AFTER the husband had left...some people...

On a more sad note..keep my beloved dane in your thoughts...she might have bone cancer..we'll find out on weds the vet at Kstate is doing a biopsy and some other stuff..there goes the savings...good thing we love her gimpy butt...hmmmmmm I have a "disabled" husband why not a "disabled" dog...I need a drink now...

1 comment:

  1. I think as Military Wives we are subjected to more than our share of stupid questions. Prayers for your soldier and Dane.

    ReplyDelete