Sunday, December 20, 2015

What is Hope?

        I've sat here all day asking my self what exactly hope means...by definition hope
  1. intransitive verb
  2. 1:  to cherish a desire with anticipation <hopes for a promotion>
  3. 2archaic  :  trust
  4. transitive verb
  5. 1:  to desire with expectation of obtainment
  6. 2:  to expect with confidence :  trust
hop·er  noun
hope against hope
  1. :  to hope without any basis for expecting fulfillment

    I can admit I have felt hopeless several times this year, between the huge cut in our income to fighting the VA for the husband to get his pay fixed all the way to worrying about my mom's health the past few weeks. It's been a rough year for our family and yet we've made it through because we have hope that we will get thru it with each other. 
    A week ago I received an amazing phone call from Hope for the Warriors...through the help of some amazing donors I will be getting a workshop built so I can move all my wreath making stuff and crafty supplies out of our home. Making wreaths help supplement a small portion of our household income so to have a space designated for this is huge! I can admit I cried when I was told that this was happening! I also did a lot of over thinking and felt guilty because I didn't think I deserved such an amazing gift. As most of us in the Wounded Warrior community we also know of a family in a much worse situation and we want to help them. That's why I love this community and all the wonderful people who help us. 
    Over the next few weeks and months I will be updating everyone with pictures and blogs each step we take thru this amazing journey. I am extremely Hope-ful that 2016 will be an amazing year full of hope and joy! 






No comments:

Post a Comment